Dear David,

I think you need to get all your e-gold customers into
1MDC and then use its feature-set to do the great stuff
you want done.  1MDC grams are e-gold, circulated with a
better software system.  No storage or spend fees, last I
looked.

- The comment field is sometimes too short for a reasonable
description of a more complex transaction.  I'm not asking
for hundreds of characters, but 80 would be better than
whatever it is now.

I think if you look at your e-gold account history you can get a pretty good idea of why the memo field length is the way it is set. E-mail is still the best way to convey long messages.

- The interface rejected an embedded comma, e.g., "2,500",
even though it doesn't quibble about having exactly two
decimal points (as does PayPal).

I've never encountered difficulty with any character in the memo field. You must mean some difficulty in the amount field. The amount field is not meant to have commas, so you can tell your spreadsheet program not to include them. The amount field takes up to six decimals I think, though there is a lower-limit on the size of a transaction, I seem to recall.

- Despite the fine print stating a 20-minute auto-logout
timeout, it seems  *much*  shorter than that, and this
is when I'm concentrating on going through a specific
sequence of payments.  If the phone rings or something,
then I can absolutely forget about retaining my session.

I thought the auto-logout was 10 minutes of inactivity.

- The Turing number is very hard to read.  I've seen the
mechanism implemented on other sites (Overture, Yahoo,
SpamArrest) where the graphics still retain a good amount
of complexity, but I can still read the word clearly.

I find the Turing number hard to read, too. I can only guess that OCR programs find it nearly impossible. I do think Yahoo and NetSol have more sophisticated Turing challenges.

Frankly, I don't even see the need for the Turing challenge
on the  *first*  login attempt, but that's just me.

The whole point, and I mean the *whole* point of putting the Turing challenge in was to reduce the number of auto-login attempts. Auto-login attempts were typically scammers trying to guess e-gold passwords. Make it possible for them to do even one log-in per hour, and they will be back at it again.

- Ideally, I'd like some sort of spreadsheet interface to
allow me to import a series of payments.  This may already
be available, but I haven't looked around lately.

You can get bulk pay options with outfits like PayByGold, I think, and you can also undertake such multi-spends with 1MDC.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.ezez.com/

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.