> "'I did not realize freetraders was based on e-gold, or a currency.'

FreeTraders does provide its own in-house currency that is exchanged
between members as either payment for the differential of trade values or
to directly purchase goods or services.

> FreeTraders.org's barter credit is valued against the spot price of gold
> (1 trade credit= 0.10 grams of gold) but it is not a backed or redeemable
> currency in and of itself.

FreeTraders trade credits are a gold-denominated digital currency known as
"Goods On Demand" or G.O.D. It is not entirely accurate to say they are
not a redeemable currency. While it is true they are not backed by any
stored value, nor are guaranteed redeemable in any other currency, they
are a currency redeemable between members for goods or services. Members
acting as third party market makers have also provided exchange to a
variety of e-currencies including e-gold. They have also been used to
purchase and load debit cards.

>While the FT.org trade credit has caused some
> skeptcism and even controversy among some, it is worth noting that five
> minutes alone with your Google will teach you that virtually every barter
> exchange in the world has some sort of in-house currency not redeemable
> for anything but trade with other members who accept it -- the only
> difference is that the great majority of other barter services peg their
> credits' "face" value to the USD rather than gold.

The key point here is accurate... FT.org trade credits are an in-house,
private, digital gold currency redeemable in trade between members. Most
skeptcism or controversy relating to our currency relates to valuation or
lack of physical backing by gold reserves. If one recognizes money or
currency as "anything which is accepted as a medium of exchange"... be
that sea shells, paper, coins or credits... then trade credits exchanged
between members certainly qualifies as currency, money and value without
any need for backing by any other currency. The value is fixed at one
tenth gram per 1 G.O.D, so the value is  pegged to gold, offering the same
advantage versus paper currencies as other DGC's. Our advantage is there
is no need to incur the costs of storage, certification, insurance or
exchange rates. Our disadvantage is it is a private currency for use in a
closed system and so cannot be exchanged universally.

The other primary source of skepticism stems from not understanding the
form of organization and the advantages it offers. Our organization is as
a religious order, a church, organized entirely separate and apart from
any nation or state.
Separation of church and state offers members immunity from governmental
intrusion of their private affairs. We owe no allegiance to the state so
our members are free to exchange value one to another in complete privacy
without government regulation or taxation. This explains why we are open
to members only, and although internet users tend to resist membership in
anything, it is the only way to offer the protection of the church.

While DGC users seek freedom from governmental tyranny, the skeptics seem
unable to envision that a church is the ideal sanctuary for freedom.
FreeTraders is a service provided to members of International Order of
Freedom, "an international order of individuals and organizations
dedicated to building a free, open and competitive economic system based
on the free and unrestricted exchange of goods, services, information, and
ideals."

Members freely trade any goods or services in exchange for any combination
of goods, services, paper currencies, ecurrencies or trade credits. Our
trading platform enables members to post anything of value for sale or
trade, accept offers, and counter any offer. The negotiated transaction
platform is ideal for bartering any and all terms until satisfactory to
both parties. Trade credits are provided as a convenient, alternative
online currency utilized by members. Online payment processing is also
provided for e-gold and gold money with more to come. We offer our members
freedmom, privacy and unmatched flexibility in exchanging value online
with trading partners across the globe.

Our doors are open to any individual, company or organization worldwide
who wishes to adopt our ideals and utilize our services.

Visit FreeTraders at http://www.freetraders.org