Help from Daddy - by dreambat

  I need to meet some friends at the park in an unknown town. We are all
together earlier. One mean friend was complaining about the event needing
to be more significant. We talk about some creative art projects and
combining these with some psycho-spiritual work.  They go off to the park
and tell me to bring the car.
  I finish putting supplies (for art?) in the trunk and get in the car and
realise I don't really know how to get to the park. I drive around looking
for recognizable landmarks, but don't really see any. I stop at a suburban
house to ask for directions. A man in the house is hitting his kids. I tell
him I don't like seeing this. We get to talking about where I'm going. At
the same time I do have these car keys that are suppose to flash the
correct address. But there is a short in the mechanism, or it doesn't work
properly. Finally I get a 9001 number, but no street. I ask if "Oakdale" is
around here and he lights up and begins leading me through his house. I see
his poor kids again, little boys who are are above average intelligence,
but very uptight. They remind me of kids in school who had chronic medical
problems and were over-protected. Kind of goofey, in need of adult
attention and missing some strong sense of self. We go into another room
and into a kitchen like area where another child, I think a little girl, is
playing a violin. I think to myself that perhaps this guy is just trying to
get his kids trained and educated. Then I notice all the doors have chains
at about knee height.  The man goes through a cellar door, I assume it is a
shortcut an follow. As I begin to decend some stairs, one of the boys helps
me through a narrow door with peeling paint. He seems to no want me to get
paint flecks on my clothes. I go down the stairs and find myself in a
little basement room that goes nowhere. I hear something like "that's it!"
and the door behind me slams shut. As the lights go out I am panicking and
assessing my escape. There must be another door as I saw the guy come down
here.. no.. how about a window...just a thick tiny one... the lights go out
as the door slams shut.

     notes. as you might imagine, this didn't turn out very pleasantly and
woke me up. i've been thinking about the ways i act like the mean father,
how I keep such tight controls over my projects(children) and how i take
advantage of lost aspects of my psyche by trapping extra energy for my
other projects. open to other takes.  but it would require a lot of
re-writing to get a good solution for the dream ego, who didn't much want
to get to his friends either.

   - dreambat