Dream Title              elfin healer, by janékyu
Date of Dream            can´t remember
Dream                    after the big war, the earth has become a peaceful
place. lush forests, golden wheatfields, clear streams. the concrete
labyrinths, endless motorcades and barbed wire fences have vanished. human
population consists of small, scattered communities. each of them has its
individual life style, and people live where they feel they belong.

however, I don´t know anything about the world at large. I am a
wild-hearted, free-spirited, somewhat ragged creature of the woods, dreamy,
playful, and curious: a female elf with lots of unruly brown hair. I dunno
if I had freckles but they sure would´ve fit.

It feels so good to simply be alive, living each moment to the full!

at the moment I am with my human friend (long straight hair, self-control,
a warm smile, shining eyes.) I both love and respect her. she lives in a
medieval-style community and is "the princess". it´s a friendly, romantic
game rather than ugly hard-core feudalism.

people are so innocent these days!

hand in hand, we are strolling down an archway that opens to the right.
there´s green meadows and a forest in the distance. from the deep blue sky
a yellow noon sun bathes the land in her rich golden warmth. we expect a
bunch of children tomorrow, and we are "brainstorming" how to make them
enjoy the visit. I suggest we take them for a ride down the river, or
organize a duck hunt. I explain the basics of duck hunting (in English)

suddenly I notice there´s a raven sitting on a nearby pole. I know that
raven, and I clutch my friend´s arm. "beware! that raven is a spy of the
WITCH! we mustn´t do anything we have planned today! she would know!" and
yes, there she is: a black shadow, riding along the horizon on her
broomstick.

she doesn´t scare me, but I fear for my loved ones.

all of a sudden, we are back in the courtyard. I step inside and almost
drown in a flood of noisy kids. I lead them down a stairwell into the cool
castle cellar, because that´s where the dorms are. I wonder if I should
separate the girls from the boys. at the same time I know this is a silly
human concept.

we enter the "reactor chamber". obviously, the castle once had a nuclear
reactor. it has been shut down, of course. now it is a museum piece. there
is an old man here, sitting on a chair at the wall. the children ask me who
he is. "this is Shamino, the last hero," I explain. "he is a museum piece
now. we don´t need any heroes these days."

one of the boys introduces himself as Shamino´s son. he is older than the
other kids, somewhere in his mid-teens. a bit like me: though I´m somewhat
"ageless" (being an elf), I´m as much a child as I am a grown-up. he has
found a third museum piece: a coke machine. he wants to get a drink out of
it, but he does not have any money (no-one has, these days!)

as if she´d been lurking all the time, the witch pops up! and believe me,
she´s no wise old woman, celtic priestess or wiccan, but an "evil crone"
from the Brothers Grimm fables. she reaches for Shamino Jr., offering him
some rusty old coins.

but I slip between them. "no! these coins are CURSED! you mustn´t take
them!" I give the witch a good shove, and she disappears. yeah! my free,
unrestrained "love power" is too strong for her petty schemes! I then turn
to the boy, who looks all confused and frightened. I snuggle up to him,
whispering:

"if you are in trouble, just come to me. I´m an elf!"

by this time I was already waking up.
Comments by Dreamer      ...I could never shoot a duck (or skin a rabbit or
slaughter a pig), and I don´t have a clue about weapons or hunting.
...it´s only in the "happy"   dreams that I´m female, and this might´ve
been the happiest of them all!

Permission to Comment    yes_share_comments