Then why am I still updating maps for v 2001?   :D

-----Original Message-----
From: "Rachel Foerster" <rac...@rfa-edi.com>
Sent: ‎6/‎30/‎2013 6:01 PM
To: "'Klaus-Dieter Naujok'" <news...@mail-etc.net>; "EDI-L@yahoogroups.com"
<EDI-L@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Standards price change?

Well, X12 has to find a sustainable business and revenue model, doesn't it
:-) especially with declining membership, consolidation and disbandment of
subcommittees, and declining sales of work products. Or course this is only
my observation since it's been years since DISA shared any information about
the status of the organization: e.g., number of members, revenues, operating
expenses, etc.

When real companies find themselves in this kind of a downward spiral they
either transform themselves or continue the death spiral. Many years ago in
one of Peter Drucker's books I recall reading that the average life span of
any organization is about 25 years - at which time it either transforms
itself, become acquisition target or goes out of business. Nothing lives
forever - does it :-)?

Rachel Foerster
847-872-8070