"The form Python Certification Initiative 2 is no longer accepting responses."

I suspect this is wrong ;)

I have had to interview programmers a few times and it always baffled
me.  To this day I have no idea how anyone can evaluate a programmer's
skill.  One problem is it is not one problem.  there are a few sills
that don't always overlap:
1 know the syntax
2. understand how to define a problem in terms of algorithms that
solve the problem
3. things learned by experience.  I'm sure there are such things, right?
4. elegant code
.... In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
4. source control and other mechanics so you don't burn up time
3. ability you count to 5.

I have a 1-2 hour tutorial that covers most of What makes Python
Python.  90% assuming this is something than can be measured :p

I love presenting this as it always generates wonderful questions,
although 1/2 of them are "perfect question, that is coming next"  and
"work that out on your own, we need to be done in 2 hours."  I
remember one session lasted 4.5 hours.

https://github.com/CarlFK/Ripley/blob/master/ripley.txt#L67

"""
There are 2 Bools: True and False. There isn't much more that needs to
be said about this.
>>> True
True
>>> False
False

(todo: go look up python 3 change with respect to float/int)
Floats have a dot:
>>> 1.2
1.2

(todo: go look up python 3 change here)
Integers don't:
>>> 2+2

"""

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 2:09 AM Tomasz Muras <nexor1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've set up a private wiki that we can use to collaborate at
> https://pycert.info . I've transferred the items we've discussed so far (I
> admit - most is copy & paste from Dr. Guta :).
>
> There is obviously a lot of work if we want to succeed with the project.
> Looks like we need to start with deciding on the syllabus, then create
> questions and make some proof of concept.
> We also need to decide on the exam format, procedures (i.e. how do we measure
> the quality of each) and technical items - like infrastructure.
> We also had some ideas for making project-based questions/tasks - which means
> that obtaining the certification will require some manual work from us
> (grading).
>
> We need help from technical and non-technical people.
> If you would like to join and actively participate then please register at
> https://forms.gle/KZkamR8aV6Bh4kTA8
>
> Keep in mind that the project is non for profit and with Open Source ideology
> in mind.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Tomek Muras
>
> On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 00:17, Reuven M. Lerner <reu...@lerner.co.il> wrote:
>>
>> In the end, I couldn't make it today; I'd be curious to hear a summary
>> of what was discussed, and what next steps could be taken.
>>
>> Reuven
>>
>> Neil Shah wrote on 11/05/2022 18:08:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Thanks for Tomasz for setting up the meeting today.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately due to complications with another
>> > meeting I had to come a little late, however
>> > I do want to quickly add a note to the Certification.
>> >
>> > As still a student, I do remember when I was first
>> > introduced, which was in Elementary School.
>> > Because of this I wanted to also integrate a student
>> > certification and learning.
>> >
>> > Along with that, I do remember the idea of working
>> > with another organization to integrate courses.
>> > I am currently working on a project (MyCoin) which
>> > is a public good, and we have our own Academy.
>> > It would be interesting to see if we could integrate
>> > together as platforms. If you are interested in
>> > learning more on it, feel free to email me or set up
>> > a meeting from my Calendly Link.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Neil Shah
>> >

>> > Neil Shah Developer & Entrepreneur
>> >
>> > e. n...@insight3d.tech w. www.insight3d.tech
>> >
>> > a. https://calendly.com/neildshah/meeti
>> > <https://calendly.com/neildshah/meeting>

>> --
>> Reuven M. Lerner, PhD -- Training in Python and data science
>> Mobile: +972-54-496-8405 * https://lerner.co.il
>> Twitter: @reuvenmlerner * WeChat: ReuvenLerner
>> Weekly Python tips: https://BetterDevelopersWeekly.com/

Carl K