Hi,

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Sarita Friguglietti wrote:

> Yes, some are P1 and P2 but we also have P3's.  The Dutch are incredible
> at buying new things.   The thin client idea however, does sound quite
> attractive, do you have a suggestion with regards to where I can get more
> info on it?  (apart from just googling ;) )

The Edubuntu documentation would be a good place to start

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/HowToCookEdubuntu/Chapters
http://www.edubuntu.org/UsingEdubuntu

as thin clients are based onthe LTSP project, you might look at them too:

http://ltsp.org/

A reasonable P3 (with plenty of RAM) might work well as a thin client
servers for the P1s.

> Also the SBM sounds interesting, going to try it too. But what does:
> "....You may need to change the mount point used for your CD-ROM, and
> possibly also for the floppy." mean? For the rest I can follow.

I've no idea to be honest.  I don't think you should need to do that.

Gavin