I must say that the move from 7.04 to 8.04 has been very disappointing.
I have 8 HP t5125 which are 400MHz 128MB ram machines. They ran
perfectly under 7.04 avoiding heavy websites. Under 8.04 they are
useless if the user starts multitasking , i.e. having an open office
document open , email and a remote desktop session the machines just
freeze. I have tried XRAMPERC to no avail. I actually ended up buying
newer more expensive terminals. I have however also found ION 603
(http://www.tss.co.th/downloads/ION-A603%20Overview.pdf) which once you
get the geode driver working has much better performance , I could
launch almost all applications at once and watch a full screen movie.
Only cost R1500 (+/-  $200) .

There is a serious increase in the thin clients requirements with 8.04.
I don't believe it is just Firefox , I think there is some other cause ,
just don't know what. I feel it is the ram I think 8.04 really needs
256MB ram.

 I am waiting for a quite period so I can try going back to a redhat /
fedora base , as I had much faster performance on that platform.  I also
miss teacher tool.

Dean