thanks for your feedback.

I now have a key for the school and will be there the weekend to
tackle the problem.

where should I check for the NDB_SWAP=True parameter?

one more question. we did not have internet access so far. so I never
did any updates on the server. the software I made available through a
local mirror I set up in case I needed to install additional software.
when I update the server, I would assume, that I update the server
first and then the chroot environment, right?

rgds,

uwe