Uwe Geercken wrote:
> where should I check for the NDB_SWAP=True parameter?

It goes in lts.conf - check out
http://www.ltsp.org/~sbalneav/LTSPManual.html#customizing-ltsconf for
way more info on lts.conf and how to customize client behavior.

> one more question. we did not have internet access so far. so I never
> did any updates on the server. the software I made available through a
> local mirror I set up in case I needed to install additional software.
> when I update the server, I would assume, that I update the server
> first and then the chroot environment, right?

That would be fine, yes. Most would assume to update the server itself
first. I don't think it should matter *which* you update first, though,
as long as there isn't activity going on (since you'll most likely have
to reboot due to kernel upgrades, etc.)

Cheers,
Jordan/Lns