Am 29.10.2014 um 07:04 schrieb Alkis Georgopoulos:
On 27/10/2014 01:12 μμ, Julian Timm wrote:
I have tried to use the old LTSP Images that was working fine on Edubuntu 12.04 with Edubuntu 14.04 (copied /opt/ltsp/ and /var/lib/tftpboot back and restarted the server),
but also with this image Wake On Lan don't work anymore.
I hope this helps to find the problem.

I think you should try e.g. putting a USB disk to a client,
installing Edbuntu with a vanilla kernel locally to that client,
and if the problem still exists there, that means it's unrelated to LTSP, so you should file bug reports upstream to the kernel etc.

On the other hand, if the problem is not there on a local installation with a vanilla kernel, then it is indeed LTSP or Edubuntu-specific.

I will test it in the next few days.
But what i don't understand is why WOL is working fine when the Server runs on Edubuntu 12.04 and the LTSP Images are also based on 12.04 and it doesn't when using Edubuntu 14.04 with exactly the same
LTSP Images from the 12.04 installation.
Why does the Edubuntu version on the Server has an influence to the wake on LAN behaviour of the LTSP
Image?