Hello Jean-Francois,

Also, be sure that the AGC is in fact turned ON. To be certain that it's on, simply tap the AGC button once. If it was previously off, that will turn it on, and if it was on already, it will simply change the AGC time-constant from either fast to slow, or the other way around.

If you are concerned that you never see more thatn one of the S-Meter LED's lit at a time, then you most likely have the "DOT" mode selected, as opposed to the "BARGRAPH" mode. To change it, locate the "GRPH" menu item on the Primary Menu. You'll notice three possible settings for GRPH:
bAr (Bargraph)
OFF (No S-Meter LED's will be displayed)
dOt (Only a single LED at a time will be displayed, as a power-saving feature)

If you select "bAr" you should see all S-Meter LED segments lit when the right-most LED is lit.

Hope this helps.

73, Dale / WA8SRA

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD wrote:

Be sure to turn the RF Gain fully clockwise and counterclockwise as describe in the manual when ajusting S Lo and S Hi.