Speaking of zero beating, why not get an AM receiver tuned to WWV and
zero beat the tone from the AM receiver to the SSB receiver? That way
you can get within fractions of 1 Hz and it's a lot easier than watching
a computer screen.

I found that I couldn't get the K2 spot on because of the calibration
procedure. I got it darn close, though.