I'm not sure what K2Remote and K2Server are supposed to do, but if it's that
they allow network control of the rig, then you can already do that.

I have been controlling my TS850S for years over several network connections
using a device called a Serial Device Server. It can be implemented in either
hardware or software, so you don't even necessarily need a computer at the
remote site.

I don't have a K2 yet, but I suspect it would work the same since K2 uses the
basic Kenwood protocol. I control a lot of devices remotely using this
architecture including rotator, relays, A/D inputs, SteppIR controller, etc. It
will work with most serially controlled devices.

ARRL has accepted an article I wrote about implementing this capability for
future publication. There is more info on my website at
www.telepostinc.com/n8lp.html under the link "Remote Control of Networked
Station Equipment". The basic idea is that the server converts serial ports to
TCP ports at the remote site, and the client at the home site converts the TCP
ports into virtual com ports that any software can access as though they were
real.

You can also control the rig remotely using the remote telnet server in
TRX-Manager. TRX offers  Master (home) and Slave (remote) options for the two
locations that can be tied together through a built in telnet terminal.

73,
Larry N8LP