Hi Tom:

At 04:13 PM 10/28/04, Tom Althoff wrote:
Ten-Tec recommended putting the matching speaker/power supply of my old Omni-V on the RIGHT hand side of the radio. The audio lines ran on the left side and the transformer in the supply caused hum on receive.

I'm experiencing similar AC hum on the K2 audio. The K2 sits on top of my Titan II and when the HV is set to operate (kicking in the big HV xfmr directly under the K2) I get the hum. If I pick the K2 up and move it about 3" away from the Titan then all is well.

Has anyone else experienced hum from nearby power transformers? I plan on using a 10Amp analog supply (not here yet) and anticipate I might have to keep it away from the K2. I suspect switching supplies do not cause the same effect.

Yup... same scenario!

Supplies with big trnasformers, or even small ones carrying high current, can/will often cause hum on the K2. Best to space them a distance away.

Switchers probably won't induce hum, but might cause in-band birdies by virtue of their switching frequency and (for some) lack of adequate filtering.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS