At 10/29/2004 10:16 AM, Tom Hammond wrote:

Supplies with big trnasformers, or even small ones carrying high current, can/will often cause hum on the K2. Best to space them a distance away.

Switchers probably won't induce hum, but might cause in-band birdies by virtue of their switching frequency and (for some) lack of adequate filtering.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS

OK .... here's the new program!

Supplies with real transformers can cause hum in the K2
Supplies with switching can cause birdies in the K2

What's the option?   No power supply?
No power supply, No hum, No birdies, No problem?
Well, the sensitivity goes to Hell in a handbasket.

The solution?
The new K2-PSQ and K2-PSH

K2-PSQ is a 4 amp power supply to power your K2 with a bit of current to spare.
K2-PSH is a 25 amp power supply to power your K2/100 with a bit of current to spare. Both power supplies fit in an enclosure that fits right under your K2 or K2/100. How do they do it? SMT - the new technology. Brought to you by the Godzilla PoWer company, Surface Mount Transformers that can deliver up to 10000 watts of live of power. In conjunction with Elecraft LLC, and QRP-L, Godzilla has miniaturized their line of very high power supplies to fit into the Elecraft KAT-100 1.5" enclosure with 99.89776% regulation (mandated by qrp-l, and several 6's). Just send the name of your financial institution and a letter from them with a line of unlimited credit to ..... well, you get the picture!

Ok ..... wife brought the little white pills to calm me down and said she will let me go back to the shack for some 40M cw in a short while. They tell me I haven't been the same since Godzilla came out with the 3 db per hundred feet gain special coax. Guess I never should have ordered that 1000 feet spool!

73    Hank

dam, it's great to be retired and have time to sit back over a coffee and think ..... and think ...... and think!

*/ INCLUDE DISCLAIMER
Please hold off with your orders until you see the major announcement on these new products in approximately 150 days or 21 weeks.