Hi folks, I have a TS520S. The low level circuitry is faulty but the PA and
tank circuits are OK. My main rig is the K1 but it would be nice to be able
to run QRO on occasions. So to get QRO on the cheap could I use the PA on
the TS520 as an amp for the K1? My antennas are all resonant so matching to
the TS520 is no probs. I guess I would loose QSK and would need a relay to
bypass the 520 in rx mode. Not sure what sort of signal level would be
required at the grid of the 1st 6146. One thought is to operate the K1 into
a dummy load with a resistor divider tap off to feed the amp. Don't really
want to modify the K1. Also is K1 OK being operated in close proximity to
100W tank circuits. There's plenty of metal around it.

This is all off the top of my head and I have no experience of RF power
amps. Am I flogging a dead horse here or should I just build a linear?
Can't afford a K2 hi.

Martin
M0KWV
K1 #1534

Why not take a look at our Web site?
http://www.simoncarves.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee,
me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately.