Thanks Bob, yes the resistors are metal film or something like that but
definitely not wire wound. I spent a fair time on the air last night on
40/80 with the K1 and 100W from the TS520. It works like a charm. The K1
switches the TS520 T/R relays via a little 2 transistor switching circuit
(looking at the K1 6R line) which grounds the TS520 PTT line. I built the
circuit onto a small piece of vero board which plugs into the 3 pin socket
on the filter board (like the official K2 mod) . A screened cable then
connects the open collector to the PTT pin on the TS520 Mic socket.

I've set the T-R delay to about 500ms so the relays don't switch too much.
Do I need to worry about this? If I set it so that it switches say between
each word will that wear out the relays too quickly, not sure how robust
they are. When operating the K1 barefoot I use a T-R delay of 50ms.

Thanks
Martin
M0KWV

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 13/01/2005 16:58:55