>The only possible issue I can think of is that in SSB mode, the frequency
>display is the carrier frequency.

Well ... I would caution folks to be careful, I can think of a few other
Part 97 problems when generating CW (in a CW sub-band) feeding keyed
audio into an SSB transmitter.

A "pure" audio sine wave into a zero-distortion, zero noise SSB Tx chain
will indeed generate a single frequency signal if the carrier is
suppressed so to non-existence.  Unfortunately, carriers are not totally
suppressed, Tx SSB generation chains are not distortionless and
noiseless, audio oscillators (and sound cards) do not always produce
exact sine waves, often there is low level hum in all the coupling
circuitry, and, unless you start and stop the sine wave exactly at a
zero crossing, you will generate some strange stuff that might not
qualify as 0.1A1 emissions (or whatever it is called today - I guess I
show my age).

My laptop's soundcard with MixW and the RigBlaster seems to generate
acceptable RTTY despite all of this because there are sidebands around
the two tones as a result of the FSK.  All of the undesired products are
in there too, but it seems to pass the "Part 97 test" for RTTY.

QUESTION:  At 600 Hz (the default K2 sidetone?), the period of one cycle
is 1.667 ms.  How many cycles does it take for the normal human ear
(that would not include either of mine! to distinguish a dot from a
dash?  I think the second ticks on WWV are 5 cycles of a 1KHz signal in
length?

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw