Charlie Hicks wrote:

>...I'd like to consider some training tapes/CDs.

Another option, at about $70, is the MFJ-418 Morse Tutor.  It produces a wide
range of practice text types at a broad range of speeds, allows replay for
verification of your accuracy, is the size of cigarette pack, and runs for a
long time on a 9 vdc battery.

I enjoy carrying one just for fun copy at higher speeds.  I wish I had one 25
years ago when I was studying for my commercial radiotelegraph license random
character test.  I consider it the best single device, by large margin, for
off-air Morse practice that I've ever used.

73,
Mike / KK5F