Alan, G0HIQ, wrote:
Reading the magnetic field and phase noise saga makes me think of earth
loops. If moving to another power socket- as in moving to another room cures
it. How about using mains isolation transformers so only connection
K2-linear really is the coaxial feeder. Or battery power K2.

-----------------

Good points! Has everyone chasing he noise problems at least isolated the
house mains from the rig for RF with a ferrite choke?

Since the K2 uses an external power supply, I use chokes on the 13 vdc
supply lead where it leaves the K2. I don't have your problem to contend
with, so I can't say what difference it might make.

On HF, I currently use a balanced antenna fed with open wire line through a
balanced ATU, so rig grounding isn't a big concern, but on general principle
I like to isolate my rigs for RF to avoid unwanted noise getting in and to
avoid unwanted RF "grounds" from occurring in the house wiring.

Ron AC7AC