Is the K2's susceptibility to magnetic fields doing more than just
modulating the bits inside that are susceptible?

I do two radio contesting.  I transmit into the driver for one band on
my tribander whilst listening simultaneously to the driver for another
band of the same antenna.  I am CQing at full power on one band &
hoping to hear on the other as well as I could if I was not transmitting
at the same time.  Not quite like VHF contesting in EU, but perhaps
close - certainly more trying for SO2R than for multi-multis at HF.

Some bandpass filtering is necessary to do this, but I really can't tell
that the K2 is worse when it is sitting in the field generated by the 12
volt power supplies that are maybe 20 cm away that powers the small
solid-state amp the K2 my drives.

If anything, I hear more wideband noise about the place when
listening to my TS-950S with the K2, instead of the other way
around.  It reminded me of what we first saw in the 80s at W7RM -
some radios were simply noisier than others.

Plenty of cheap & heavy steel in that 950.  No steel in an Omni-VI
that I once used & its cabinet is all aluminum.  It also didn't bat
an eyelid when those 12 volt supplies were on.

The K2 balks at the power supplies just being on - not from power
supplies supplying amplifier that is key down.

Does somebody have the proper test equipment to look at this?
I was keen to have a go until the 8590-series got poo-poohed
a few days back.

73, VR2BrettGraham