Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> Well Fred, I find the waterfall valuable for displaying the recent history
> of signals, showing those that have stopped recently still travelling down
> the screen.

More multi-tasking than I can handle anymore, but I see your point.  I
probably won't be a P3 early-adopter, but then, I've never really been
entranced with panadapters, even the old ones that weren't color-coded,
except for green.

> Yes, the waterfall is "color coded" and also varies in brightness or
> intensity. Low-level signals are blue and the colors shift through yellow to
> red for the strongest - with the normal mixtures in between.

"Normal mixtures?"  And no, I am not going to take Elecraft to court
over ADA issues.  I think I just don't like waterfalls on screens.  The
kind on rivers are great.  Fortunately, I quickly found the switch that
got rid of the WF and gave me a full-screen spectrum display, and it was
a lot of fun, and impressive, to play with it.  Keeping track of the two
VFO's and filter BW in relation to the freq span and center freq was
really cool.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2010 Cal QSO Party 2-3 Oct 2010
- www.cqp.org