On 9/24/2010 4:59 PM, JAMES ROGERS wrote:
> Here is what I think might be going on Fred. You have to set the roofing
>   filters ON for each mode in which they may be used. It sounds like you
> have them setup for SSB but not for the modes you are using for RTTY.
> The easiest way to do that is with the K3 Utility and the Crystal Filter
> Configuration or you can do it via the menus.
>
> For instance: In CW I have my 2.8, 1.0 and, 0.400 configured.
> In USB and LSB I have only my 2.8 configured.
> In DATA I have my 2.8, 1.0 and, 0.400 configured.
> The rest of the modes, only the 2.8 is configured.
>
> I hope this helps. After setting them up, turn the radio off and back on
> for the changes to take place.

Thank you Jim, that was the problem.  I turned FL2 on for DATA and now
it stays on as long as my DSP BW is less than .5 KHz.  Thanks

JEFF:  If you see this, post a quick note to me.  I'll check in a bit,
and if I don't see it, I'll answer you direct.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2010 Cal QSO Party 2-3 Oct 2010
- www.cqp.org