Hi Tom,

I'm a slow and methodical constructor and the KSB2 took me 8 hours to build,
over 4 nights.

What took a bit of time for me was the BFO alignment to optimise  TX audio,
configuring the filters etc.  I found Spectrogram very helpful.  I did a lot
of  monitoring and recording to get the TX audio the way I like it. Because
this was  my first experience doing this sort of alignment, it took me maybe
4 hours all up until I was happy.  It would take very little time the second
time round or for someone experienced.

There are some good tips in the archives about set up of the K2 after
installing the KSB2.

I must say that I have several rigs and too many microphones and headsets
and I do use outboard audio equalisation on some of them.  I also have a K3
with its on-board 8 band EQ.  BUT - the rig  that attracts the most
unsolicited positive comments about TX audio is the little K2/100.  People
comment "great audio - what are you running?!"  And it's my K2 with the MH2
hand mic.  I rarely hear that using my other set-ups and so I wonder why I
bother with all the other audio paraphernalia.

Enjoy building.

John
VK7JB