Stuart Rohre wrote:
I guess one of the issues, are you ordering a K2 with its auto tuner?

In that case, my suggestions apply, to adding the Elecraft balun, and using
the internal K2 tuner for your antenna.  It is also true that a balanced
line tuner will work after the K2, and before your ladder line.

A K2 with auto tuner followed by a balun will work well on some bands, and poorly on others. The balun's effectiveness and efficiency will depend on the 'common mode impedance' it sees on various bands. This depends on the length of the antenna and feedline. There will most likely be combinations of frequency and dimensions in which the balun will heat up and waste power, as well as combinations in which it will not do its job, and power will be lost by radiation from the feedline (with associate noise pickup and possible RFI).

Again, almost anything will 'work'.  The question is, How Well?

--
73
Vic, K2VCO