I'm not at all familiar with rtty,
but decided to try a little in the NAQP rtty today.

I made a few  successful contacts using my key in the FSK D mode

My question is
once I key the K3 and send something (like my call for example)
after the letters are sent
it seems like there is a switch to an idling mode or something???
and there is a 4-5 second tail of transmissions
with no letters being sent
before the K3 quits transmitting

this lasts a long time maybe 4-5 seconds
other signals I am hearing don't sound like they switch
to this idling noise with no letters being sent
they just send their letters and then quit transmitting

I can stop this idling transmission short
by taping the xmit button

please enlighten me what is going on here
is there a setting I need to change somewhere in the k3?
to stop this, or is it normal, or, or, or, ??? lol

I'm sure this is common knowledge to those familiar with rtty,
but I'm new to this mode,
and also new to sending it with the K3,
as well as sending rtty with the code key

TIA
--
GB & 73
K5OAI