I am enjoying my new KPA500 coupled with my K3, and I have set up the K3 to
transmit at approximately 25 watts in the  "operate" position on all bands
except 30 meters. However, if the amplifier menu is set to default to "operate"
mode upon KPA500 initialization,  I  experience an immediate overdrive fault on
the amplifier which tells me that the amplifier is not immediately sensing the
lower power output setting on the K3.    I have temporarily remedied this
situation by setting the KPA500 menu to default to "stby" mode upon turn on,
and then when I manually switch to "oper" mode, I do not experience the
overdrive fault .  It would be more convenient  to have the amplifier default
to the operational state, as designed.  I am curious if anyone else is
experiencing this situation??