Hi Len

My KPA500 is normally set to PWR ON = STBY, which is the factory default
setting.
But after setting it  to OPER for a test,  I noticed the same thing.
I suspect this is a timing issue, just like leaving the K3 at low power on
band change if BAND CHG is set to STBY.
The next FW release is supposed to solve the problem. Some hams (field
testers?) seem to have FW 1.11 (which is not even Beta yet) but most still
use 1.02.

Let's wait and see...

73
Richard - HB9ANM

Len Chesler-2 wrote:

> However, if the amplifier menu is set to default to "operate" mode upon
> KPA500 initialization,  I  experience an immediate overdrive fault on the
> amplifier which tells me that the amplifier is not immediately sensing the
> lower power output setting on the K3.

-----
Richard - HB9ANM