From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 6:16 PM
To: David Ferrington, M0XDF
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 Batttery life question...

On Aug 26, 2011, at 4:01 PM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> ...might even be able to put the 100w PA in place of the battery....

Unfortunately, no. The KX3's normal low-pass filters are rated at 15 W, as
is the ATU.

The battery is very important; it makes the KX3 an all-in-one unit that you
can quickly deploy in an emergency, take on a short hike, toss into a very
small small corner of your suitcase, etc. It's an inherent part of the
product.

73,
Wayne
N6KR