From: TJ Campie
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:50 AM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] KSB2 screw up

So I accidentally skipped the first page of instructions then found that I
had some parts left over at the end of construction and I was missing the
header P1 or whatever, so I grabbed the connector and soldered it in....only
to find that the previous owner of my K2 had already put the female
connector on the main board of the K2, and I had just accidentally installed
the female connector on the KSB2 board.  Great.

Long story short, I ripped out the female connector on the main board as it
was much easier to access but it was a huge **** to get the male header into
the holes.  It isn't quite seated all the way but it is stable and straight
and seems to work OK with the module installed.

Question is: how would one actually go about removing one of these headers
correctly (I guess I already know the answer: desoldering station)

Already have 1 5w SSB qso down with one of the RT 66 stations and sent 1
wspr tx this morning and was spotted several places on the East coast.  It
works! :D

TJ W0EA