Just for comparison and I don't have the K3 that we used unpacked yet so
I don't know the agc settings.

I use AFX all the time.  ATT was almost never engaged.  I never use RX
equalization.  RF gain was used mostly on the low bands.

When I had Bose headphones I noticed that they were quite prone to
pickup RF.

Filters:  200 400 1000 1.8 2.8  Sub 400 and 2.8