From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Dziedziejko
Sent: 02 January 2012 04:13
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Internal Tuner Question

I installed the KAT3 over the weekend and the construction and calibration
was successful. This evening I hooked everything back up to check reception,
tuning and swr. I have it set to AUTO, when I tap the ATU TUNE switch the
tuner does its thing and I read a 1.0:1 swr on the K3 meter. I have a
Palstar Wattmeter installed between the K3 and the antenna and for some
reason I am getting a high swr on the Palstar meter of 5:1 and don't
understand why. I have a multiband vertical antenna with a 4:1 Unun at the
base of the antenna. Am I missing something here?

A little hand holding would be appreciated.

Regards,

John W9QP

database 6759 (20120101) __________

http://www.eset.com