A really neat PC Keyboard to CW encoder is the "Code Buddy" listed on
this web page.   http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html   Works great
and the price is hard to beat.  It will not interface with the K3 CW
paddle inputs.   But maybe setting the K3 to use a straight key would
work, haven't tried it.  Does the KX3 or K3 encode standard CW to
digital modes or just their keyer dot and dash side inputs?

Good luck

73  Bob  W7AVK
K3/100 kit s/n 4365