Thanks for jumping in, Phil.

I did not respond with comments because these private contracts do not
affect me - yet.
This is an established neighborhood with no HOA or CC&Rs, so no problem
putting up antennas.
In fact, my neighbor to the west is also a ham and has higher VHF
antennas than I have HF antennas.
Also, I do not currently participate in emergency communications.

However, It's almost impossible to buy a new home, or a home that was
built in the last several years, without running into this restriction.

I've never quite understood why these restrictions don't expire when all
of the homes in a given development have passed ownership from the
developer to the individual homeowners.
That is, in absence of a HOA.

73 de Jim - AD6CW