I was just putting the finishing touches on installing the KIO2 in my
K2 when I encountered a problem during testing. I was at the part of
testing the change in current when pulling the KIO2 off and on. When I
pulled the KIO2 off and powered the radio back on, I got a 'Low Batt'
message and the voltage was reading 0.00.. this is with the battery
only in it. I tried plugging the KIO2 back in and it still reads 0.00.

It looks like everything else functions normally. I noticed the radio
on receive was drawing .30 on the scale (it still can read current
draw). I have the Auto Tuner, the Noise Blanker, the Audio Filter, the
160 meter band option and the ssb adapter (in addition to the KIO2).
Is that an acceptable amount of current draw when running it with the
display on nite mode (backlit)?

Any ideas where I should start looking to repair the built-in volt
meter?