Thanks Don, I may try that one soon. I am about to start on the SSB module now. So get ready for another round of stupid questions. hi hi
Roland in Stockton
N5VWN/6
----- Original Message ----- From: "W3FPR - Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Roland & Elvie Whitsitt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 6:26 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] noise blanker ineffectual

Roland,

The tightness of the toroid windings will make no difference - the important
thing with toroids is that they have the correct number of turns, and not
much else matters - even the winding direction does not matter electrically.

The K2 noise blanker is more effective on impulse types of noise - like
ignition noise.  In many reports, it knocks out impulse noise better than
the NB in other some other rigs, but there are also many reports (like
yours) that the K2 NB is not effective on a particular type of noise which
is killed by a NB in some other rigs.

There is a mod to increase the blanking time which some folks have found
works better on the types of noise that they encounter.  Look at
http://www.qslnet.de/member/la3za/K2/modAny.html#KNB2 for additional
information.

73,
Don W3FPR