Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

David wrote:
Thanks everyone I have the answers I need and I am now planning to purchase
an rs50m for my shack

-----------------------

A few things to consider:

1) A 20 amp power supply will run the K2/100 with current to spare. My
K2/100 runs 16 to 18 amps from my Astron 20M.

2) Large supplies (even the 20 am, but especially one like a 50 amp) can be
very dangerous! While you won't get a shock from 13 vdc, they require all
the care you'd exercise working with an automobile battery. Shorts can cause
instant fires. Hot, molten metal spraying, splattering and dribbling all
over the place from a short can burn lots of holes in things, including your
own body and eyes. Shorts tend to become instantly welded in place and if
it's not good enough to cause the crowbar circuit to trip, the power supply
will keep dumping current into the circuit. An RS 50 supply will dump 50
amps into a 0.3 ohm short nonstop. Fuse everything and be careful just the
same.
3) You might get more amps for your buck by buying two or three smaller
supplies than one big supply, and thereby be less likely to experience a
total failure if a supply dies on you.

Ron AC7AC

Not to take issue with what Ron says at all.
I have been using an RS-50M for quite a while now.
Very reliable and built to last.
Nothing scarry about it.
Yes, you do need to be aware of what you are using and take all the precautions.

Tony W7GO