I too support the request to add Ultimatic to Elecraft rigs. I don't have
the fine motor control of my fingers required to make use of iambic
features. I treat the dual paddles the same as a single paddle for the most
part. However, the dual paddle feels better than a single paddle, probably
because pressing one of the paddles gets a result after a movement of one
gap space, while a single paddle means the paddle travels two gap spacings
within a character. Given my way of using dual paddles, the keyer logic just
needs to be as forgiving as possible in handling the inconsistencies in my
finger motions. Years ago when I built the external keyer with Ultimatic
mode, I tried it and felt that it made my keying more consistent. At this
time I have almost zero time for ham radio, and haven't plugged in the
external keyer after returning from FD. When I get time, I should test my
maximum sending speed with vs without Ultimatic. I do know that just using
the K3's keyer, I start making excessive errors if I try to send faster than
about 25 wpm. Perhaps Ultimatic will let me go faster.

73,

Erik K7TV

>Yes please, I've been waiting for this for a few years now!

73 de David, M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108)

--

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
-Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)