From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Alan Hawrylyshen
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 6:27 PM
To: billr...@comcast.net
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SDR_Sound_Cards

Bill, good advice all around, but what is the rationale for this one? (below)

Thanks
Alan
K2ACK

Sent from my mobile device.

On Aug 31, 2012, at 18:45, billr...@comcast.net wrote:

> 2. If your computer boasts over 4 gig of RAM, you must throttle it back to no
> more than 4 GB. This is done via the msconfig
utility. Hit the Windows 'Start' icon, type msconfig and hit enter. This brings
up a system configuration screen. Select the 'boot'
tab and then 'Advanced options...' Now, in the screen that comes up, enter 4095
as the maximum memory and hit 'OK'. When your
computer is rebooted, it will have 4 GB of RAM at its disposal.