From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco....@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Antenna static charge precautions - any tips?
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 3:59 PM

Which reminds me: I have ICE lightning protectors on my feedlines where they
come into the
shack. These have a built-in choke across the side that goes to the antenna,
which drains
static charges. See
<http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/surge_arrestorAS-3xx.htm>

The only disadvantage of these is that they also have a DC blocking capacitor
in series
with the center conductor, which complicates things if you want to inject a DC
voltage to
operate a remote switch or tuner.

--
Vic, K2VCO