Yes, the Owner's Manual does tell you that, Jon.  However, Errata A2-2
dated July 5, 2012 states:

"MAKE THESE CHANGES TO YOUR MANUAL BEFORE BEGINNING ASSEMBLY...

2.  Page 2, Setup and Operation:  Change the second bullet point to read
as follows:

         Turn to page 4 to calibrate the KXFL3 if you purchased it
*separately* (emphasis mine) from the KX3 *or* (emphasis mine) are
installing the KXFL3 in a different KX3.  KXFL3 modules *shipped*
(emphasis mine) with either a factory assembled KX3 or a kit KX3 have
been factory calibrated."

Can you do the calibration?  Yes.  The procedure is there and the tools
necessary to do it are included.  *Must* you do the calibration?  No.  I
cannot see how you would go wrong either way. I did *not* do the
calibration on mine and have been happy with it. Some folks may want to
do it anyway.  It's a choice, not a mandate.

I tried scanning the document I have, but the scan didn't turn out
well.  As someone else stated, I cannot find EXFL3 Errata A2-2 on the
website even after manipulating the web address of the older errata.

73,
Joel - W4JBB