The XV144 works very well with the K3, Dave, and you don't need anything
else, not even the KXV3A which is necessary for the internal K44XV
transverter.  The K3 with its stock 2.7 kHz filter is fine unless you
wish to use FM in which case you would need the KFL3B-FM 13 kHz filter.

I do not know how you would use CW via a repeater. We do not have CW
repeaters here in the UK.

I see there is someone currently selling a XV144 in the UK for 200ukp
which is a very good price.

73

David

In a recent message, Dave Buchanan <kf5...@yahoo.com> writes