Guys - thanks for the replies!

By now you've probably read my post that I got it all working. As to having the
SLUSB, after reading the K3 and KE7X manuals, it just seems that using the
external sound card like the SLUSB makes it a little easier. Haven't looked at
the iMic, but with the SLUSB, I can leave the K3's RF Power set at 90 watts
where I normally have it for CW and control the power out for PSK31 with the
SLUSB TX control. PLUS - I had a nice $25 discount coupon from DX Engineering
and just couldn't resist getting that SLUSB for the lower price! :-)

ALso, I had forgotten about the "Test" mode of the K3 for such purposes -
thanks Rick!

CU on the air - Jim / W6JHB.com