FWIW, the utility also does not unlock 27MHz, for hopefully obvious
reasons, although I imagine if you had a documented need to use the few
MARS frequencies in that band, they'd work with you to make that happen.
Also the KBPF3 is required if you're going to operate too far away from the
amateur bands.

One of these days, I'm going to have to remember to write in to see if
there is some documentation about what frequency ranges the KAT3 remembers
its settings for.

--
*Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
Poquonock, Connecticut | m...@n1en.org