I said that and got laughed at...I beg to differ as it was key board to key
board CW full contest mode rude operators on 20m...30 to 40+++ wpm CW... No
casual fun operators it was full blow contest mode with everyone stepping on
each other... Just saying ... This is from a rookie ham licensed about four
years; that operates 99.9% other than optimal or nice operating conditions CW
all the time not just ARRL Field Day...You definitely need a contest grade set
up to compete in this non contest unless you work search and pounce during the
full ARRL Field Day contest. My Elmer's have told me this as well, kinda sad.
Try paper logging with a straight key or paddle running 22 wpm.  Maybe the
other bands in the novice portions of the bands were better??? Who passes
messages on CW nets at 40+++wpm... If I ever run field day again and have to
run keyboards I'll use PSK31 or just use the cell phone and call around...Not
being negative just personal observations... please don't take it t
 hat way... has it been this way from the beginning... ARRL does call it a
special contest in some of their advertisements...

72/73

Scotty/NU0S

K1-4, #3206

georgefrit...@yahoo.com wrote:

W6GF<br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPad