Hi Sverre, I am still using this battery external to the K2. It is very
convenient as it just sits under the rig and easily connects to the K2
power jack with the attached cable provided, no mods required. Yes the
switch needs to be ON both for charging and when in use as a supply for the
K2, and yes the LED is ON in this state so will no doubt in time discharge
the battery. As it seems very convenient like this I decided to leave the
battery external. I have now purchesed another Na I find them to be
excellent and much better than the heavier limited Ah SLA batteries.

73, Deni F5VJC