73,
Barry
K3NDM

On 9/2/2013 8:49 PM, gos...@twcny.rr.com wrote:
Hi Jim !!

I have a ZeroFive 40 meter monoband vertical with 60-12 ft radials on a radial plate and use only the tuner on my K1. I can easily tune 40 , 20 and 15 but 30 I can get down to 1.6 to 1 (still acceptable) Feedline is RG-8X that is 75 ft long. Used this setup in many DX contests with great success along with many stateside contests.

73

George Osier , N2JNZ

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 7:10 PM
To: Reflector Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] 43 Ft Vertical and Elecraft Tuners

43 ft verticals have become a popular antenna, and while they have some
strong points, they present a very high SWR on most bands, so they
require a serious tuner to get them to load.

I'd like to know of any stations using a 43 Ft vertical as a multi-band
antenna using nothing but an Elecraft antenna tuner for matching -- that
is, no "baluns", transformers, loading coils, or additional matching
networks.  I'd like to know the bands on which you are able to match it
well enough to get full power from the rig (or the power amp). I'd like
to know if the tuner is located at the base of the antenna, or, if in
the shack, the length of feedline between antenna and tuner.

Thanks and 73, Jim K9YC