Bill,
I have used/built/designed many antennas over the years. I have had a number of favorite antennas over along ham career. My only concerns have been line loss due to SWR and launch angle. There have been a few minor concerns like can I really put that thing up or not.

As I read your post, I infer that at the moment you are wanting to add 160 meters to your capability. An antenna that I have used and liked is the Twin Lead Marconi. It's a simple, cheap, and effective antenna. I first saw it written up by Bill Orr years ago. The premise of the design is that a quarter wave antenna driven against ground may not be the most efficient antenna due to low radiation resistance. Therefore, raise the radiation resistance by using the theory of a folded dipole. The folded element raises the radiation resistance by a factor of 4 for 2 elements as the impedance changes as the square of the number of elements. You will still need radials, but your ground losses will decrease.

Another antenna that I have used successfully is the center fed 80 meter dipole fed with open wire feeder. With an antenna tuner it's an all band antenna and losses are low because you are using open wire transmission line. A 4:1 balun located near the point where you egress your house allows you to transition to low loss coax, like LMR-400. I use a variant of this during Field Day where one of our runs is 370+ feet long. This works fine with QRP; look for NA3DX in the rankings when the ARRL publishes the FD results.

73,
Barry
K3NDM