From: WB4JFI <wb4...@knology.net>
Date: 12/10/2013  20:49  (GMT-05:00)
To: Tom <tom...@videotron.ca>
Cc: Barry LaZar <k3...@comcast.net>,elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SDR software for KX3?

Hello Tom.

I have had success with using several SDR software programs (and sound cards)
with my KX3.  It shouldn't be that hard.  I've used Rocky, hDSDR, a few
variants of PowersDR, SDRsharp, and a few others, on various Windows and Apple
(iPad, iPhone) computers.

Most programs have internal adjustments for phase and gain differences, so you
don't need to adjust those with External mixer controls.  Try Rocky first, it's
probably the easiest to set up and use.  It can also automatically adjust for
your sound card and rig differences.

If you are having so many problems, be sure to check your cables.  I have had a
couple of commercially made cables that were defective, with partial shorts
between the various connections.  I had trouble with I/Q balancing until I
found they were bad.

Good luck.  73, Terry, WB4JFI
Sent from tfox iPad